Harry Waterson submitted his personal list of the "Top Ten Reasons To Read The E-Sylum"
10. Read the E-Sylum every week and learn stuff.
9. Pick up on A Gentle Madness by Nicholas Basbanes 15 years after publication.
8. Read A Gentle Madness.
7. Have a serious re-evaluation meeting with oneself.
6. Call the Springfield Art Museum to see if they will take one's Western Art/Frederic Remington collection.
5. Revise the donation bibliography deleting the books one just can't do without.
4. Give the undeleted books to the Museum Library.
3. Get a 1st refusal on any book the Library decides it doesn't want.
2. Put numismatic books onto the newly available shelf space.
1. Re-arrange the numismatic books again and again until one gets it right. Continue as required.
I've just done some housecleaning myself – first the garage, then my file cabinet, my desk, and finally my library. After throwing out junk and selling/giving away stuff I didn't need, I was left with a much cleaner and organized office. I miss some of my “stuff”, but I'm happier with what I've kept.
THE BOOK BAZARRE
RENAISSANCE OF AMERICAN COINAGE
Wizard Coin Supply is the official distributor for Roger Burdette's three volume series that won NLG Book of the Year awards for 2006,
2007 and 2008. Contact us for dealer or distributor pricing at
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster