David Fanning forwarded this reminder of the upcoming Kolbe & Fanning numismatic literature sale. Thanks. Get your bids in, everyone -
the sale closes Saturday! -Editor
Kolbe & Fanning’s latest sale will be taking place this Saturday, November 7, beginning at 12:00 noon eastern time. Featuring selections
from the library of Stephen Epstein, among other properties, the sale features numismatic literature from around the world.
Some highlights from the sale include:
- Lot 18: Byzantine Coins at Dumbarton Oaks, Volumes One through Three
- Lot 41: Cooper’s The Art and Craft of Coinmaking
- Lot 171: Price on Alexander and Philip Arrhidaeus
- Lot 191: Richard Sainthill’s very rare 1857 Numismatic and Other Crumbs
- Lot 303: the S.H. Chapman catalogue of the David S. Wilson sale with plates
- Lot 304: a plated copy of the 1910 Lambert sale (also by S.H. Chapman)
- Lot 323: Julius Guttag’s set of the Elder Monthly
- Lot 364: an original set of Loubat, with 1880 plates, inscribed by the author
- Lot 427: the ultra-deluxe edition of the J.R. Frankenfield collection, bound in full water buffalo skin
- Lot 436: a very nice complete set of the Red Book.
Lots 18 and 41
Lots 171 and 191
Lots 303 and 304
Lots 323 and 364
Lots 427 and 436
The sale has been posted to Kolbe & Fanning’s custom online bidding platform at auction.numislit.com, where every lot is illustrated in color and where absentee bids can be placed at
any time prior to the sale. The live sale will be conducted on the auction.numislit.com site. Printed copies of the catalogue mailed a few
weeks ago to customers on our mailing list. A PDF of the printed version has been posted on the main Kolbe & Fanning website at
numislit.com for anyone wishing to download the sale or search by keywords.
As a reminder, bidders may participate in this sale in a variety of ways. Please feel free to send us your bids in the regular mail or
send us an e-mail. Give us a call or send us a fax. For those who prefer the experience of live bidding, please check out our live bidding
platform at auction.numislit.com. Register in advance of the sale and browse the lots at your leisure: all lots are illustrated in the
online catalogue. Absentee bids can be placed in advance, allowing participants to not worry about remembering the sale or finding
themselves unexpectedly occupied on the day of the sale. Bids will be reduced as competition dictates and the privacy of your maximum bids
is maintained. Please contact David Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thanking you in advance for your bids,
Kolbe & Fanning
For other highlights of the sale, see:
KOLBE & FANNING’S SALE 140 CLOSES NOVEMBER 7, 2015
Wayne Homren, Editor
The Numismatic Bibliomania Society is a non-profit organization
promoting numismatic literature. See our web site at coinbooks.org.
To submit items for publication in The E-Sylum, write to the Editor
at this address: email@example.com
To subscribe go to: https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/esylum
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 The Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS)
All Rights Reserved.
NBS Home Page
Contact the NBS webmaster